beauty haul

18 June 2012

Just thought I'd do a quick post of my recent beauty buys. 



I've never tried this brand of skincare products before but after reading the blurb on the back about it being free from lots of nasties I thought I'd give it a try. I had been using the Nivea Visage Rich Moisturising Cream - probably for several years actually so I fancied a mix up. I love the smell of this moisturiser - it's very fruity so if you don't like that kind of thing it's probably not for you. It's quite light which I like as I need my moisturiser to sink it relatively quickly before I apply my makeup. The only downside is that it doesn't specify what the SPF number is, although it does contain UV filters. 
I like the exfoliator too - very fine beads but you don't want to use anything too abrasive on your face, and again a yummy fruity fragrance. 




This is just a re-purchase as Garnier Summer Body has been my go-to fake tan for years now. I know technically it's only a gradual tanner but I buy the deep sun-kissed look so it is closer to fake tan only more moisturising and more buildable in my opinion. You do have to keep on top of it though - I had a really good glow going on a couple of weeks ago but I let it slip and now I'm back to pasty white. I'm going away in less than two weeks though (albeit only to Wales) so I'm definitely getting back on the tanning wagon soon. 




Nothing original here but I bought two copies of Glamour (gave one to my Mummy), purely for the freebies. I've always wanted to try Benefit's Bad Gal to see what the hype is about but it's a little out of my price range so this sample was perfect. I have to say I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be and I'm glad I've never splashed out on it. I think lots of drugstore mascaras do the same if not a better job on my lashes
I quite like the Porefessional, but again I'm not sure if I'd splash the cash on it. It gives a similar finish to Boots No 7 Shine Free Make Up Base which I always buy for £6 when they give out the £5 off vouchers.





And lastly, onto a new shampoo and conditioner set. I actually ordered my favourite John Frieda Go Lighter products but it got substituted with these in my ASDA grocery delivery. Atleast they were still in the 3 for £10 deal which is a bargain considering their meant to be £5-£7 each. I haven't tried them yet but I'm having another full head of foils done at the hairdressers tomorrow so 'highlight activating' is pretty fitting.


Tomorrow is my day off work so I'm getting my hair done in the morning, going shopping and to the cinema with the boy in the afternoon and then having a pizza night with friends in the evening. Bring it on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment